Second Suit Filed in Shamrock Campaign, This Time Against HP
Early this year, Shamrock Innovations, LLC and Acer, sued by Shamrock last July, filed a notice of settlement in that case, leading to a March 5 dismissal. The NPE plaintiff has now filed a new complaint, accusing HP (1:21-cv-00222) of infringing the same two patents, generally related to a serial link between two computing “modules”, again through the provision of computers that include a Serial ATA interface. While the second case has been filed in the ever more popular Western District of Texas, the selection of the Austin division has landed the litigation before a different judge.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics