Recent Federal Circuit Decisions Require Quicker Action on Transfer Motions in Top Patent Venue
As reported in more detail last week, the Federal Circuit reaffirmed on March 8, in response to a mandamus petition filed by TracFone Wireless, that courts must prioritize the resolution of transfer motions. The decision imposed a stay in a case brought by Precis Group LLC against Tracfone until District Judge Alan D. Albright ruled on a pending motion to dismiss or transfer the case. Three days later, on March 11, Judge Albright issued the required ruling—denying the motion—but the appellate order appears likely to ripple beyond the Precis-TracFone litigation, particularly given the number of patent cases now filed in the Western District of Texas.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics