A Bluestone Plaintiff Resumes Litigation, Against Uber
Uber (6:21-cv-00685) has been sued in the Western District of Texas by Bluestone Ventures, Inc., a Virginia plaintiff describing itself as a “patent licensing and enforcement company”. Bluestone targets Uber’s platform, particularly its driver-rider matching features, with two patents generally related to displaying the location of “transportation providers” on a map, determining the pickup location of a customer through their mobile device, and selecting a “preferred” transportation provider based on variables such as passenger capacity or estimated time of arrival.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics