Cisco Sues Estech as Estech and Prior Defendants Prep for Trial
Jury selection for the earliest cases filed by telecommunications equipment manufacturer Estech Systems, Inc., in April 2020, is slated for August 2 in the courtroom of District Judge Rodney Gilstrap. The defendants in that consolidated action—BBVA, BOKF, Hilltop Holdings (PlainsCapital Bank), Target, and Wells Fargo—have filed a second motion for summary judgment of noninfringement, arguing “license and release” under an apparent agreement between Estech and Microsoft. Meanwhile, Cisco (together with subsidiary Cisco Technology) has sued Estech, also in the Eastern District of Texas, asserting affirmative patent infringement claims, as well as seeking declaratory judgments of noninfringement of four VoIP patents held by Estech.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics