Named Inventors Target Intersection of Geofencing and Mobile Devices in New Campaign
Named inventors Ryan Hardin and Andrew Hill have kicked off litigation over three of their patents, which are generally related to delivering exclusive content to a mobile device based on its geographic location. The defendants are LG Electronics (LGE) (2:21-cv-00289) and Samsung (2:21-cv-00290), each accused of infringement through the use of “geofencing or location information in its advertising or content delivery efforts or its own applications it develops” with mobile devices (e.g., smartphones, tablets, and/or watches).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics