Atlantic IP Launches Campaign with New Plaintiff and Patents
Aire Technology Limited (f/k/a Bowen Ventures Limited), yet another NPE formed in Ireland and associated with Atlantic IP Services Limited, has filed its first lawsuit. In a new Western District of Texas complaint, Aire accuses Samsung (6:21-cv-00955) of infringing four former G+D patents generally related to secure contactless communications between devices through the provision of devices (e.g., smartphones and smart watches) that support Near Field Communication (NFC) and other mobile payment applications, such as Samsung Pay and Google Pay. Aire joins a long and growing list of Irish NPEs to assert former operating company patents in US courts.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics