IPVal Forms Texas NPEs, Transfers Patents, and Files Litigation, Most Recently Against HPE and Oracle
- October 2, 2016
Amid a flurry of NPE creation and patent transfers, two affiliates of IP Valuation Partners LLC (IPVal) have added cases to campaigns launched earlier this year. Aurelian IP Management, LLC has filed suit against Fair Isaac (2:16-cv-01063), Hewlett Packard Enterprise (HPE) (2:16-cv-01064), and Oracle (2:16-cv-01065), accusing each of infringing a single patent (6,272,495) generally related to processing free-form data. The managing member of Aurelian IP is IPVal principal, Jonathan Szarzynski, whose colleague Adam Baumli is identified as the managing member of Retrospection Marketing LLC, the other affiliate that just added more cases, on the same day, to its own campaign. Retrospection Marketing filed suit against Best Buy (2:16-cv-01067), Kohl’s (2:16-cv-01068), and Wal-Mart (2:16-cv-01069), asserting the single patent-in-campaign (7,296,062), generally related to the display of information through a network, against the retailers’ e-commerce websites.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics