Verify Smart Campaign Banks Two Additional Defendants
- October 10, 2016
Over the past couple of months, Verify Smart Corp. has added cases against Valley National Bancorp (2:16-cv-06065) and Wells Fargo (2:16-cv-06389) to its now years-long campaign asserting a single patent (8,285,648) generally related to verification of user identity during an electronic transaction, with multi-factor systems for authenticating of that identity. The case against one of the last two defendants added to the campaign in early August, JP Morgan Chase (the other being Ally Bank), was dismissed without prejudice within three days of filing, following an established pattern of seeking voluntary dismissal shortly after a complaint’s filing.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics