IPVal Affiliate eCeipt Hits Best Buy and Others in Revival of Retail Receipt Campaign
eCeipt LLC, a Texas NPE affiliated with IP Valuation Partners LLC (IPVal), has resumed its retail receipt campaign, filing four new lawsuits against Ann (2:16-cv-01105), Best Buy (2:16-cv-01106), Caleres (2:16-cv-01111), and Recreational Equipment (2:16-cv-01112). These latest cases are eCeipt’s first new litigation since the August dismissal of its case against GNC Holdings (2:16-cv-00419), which followed the dismissal of all other suits in the campaign in January-March. The plaintiff’s newest complaints assert the same, single patent-in-campaign (8,643,875), which generally relates to point-of-sale (POS) kiosks that allow a customer to select a printed or emailed store receipt. Defendants are each accused of infringement through POS systems that offer both types of receipt.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- eCeipt LLC v. Dick's Sporting Goods Inc
- eCeipt LLC v. Macy's Inc
- eCeipt LLC v. The Home Depot Inc et al
- eCeipt LLC v. Square Inc
- eCeipt LLC v. Nordstrom Inc
- eCeipt LLC v. GNC Holdings, Inc.
- eCeipt LLC v. Best Buy Co. Inc.,
- eCeipt LLC v. Ann, Inc.
- eCeipt LLC v. Caleres, Inc.
- eCeipt LLC v. Recreational Equipment Inc