Hawk Technology’s Video Surveillance Campaign Tops 170 Defendants
- October 28, 2016
Inventor-controlled Hawk Technology Systems LLC filed four new cases in October, bringing its campaign defendant count to 178. Each of this month’s suits, filed against Cinemark (2:16-cv-13817), Goodwill of Silicon Valley (5:16-cv-06213), the Transit Authority of Northern Kentucky (2:16-cv-00186), and the Louisville Arena Authority (3:16-cv-00678), asserts a video monitoring and conversion patent (RE43,462) that expired in April 2014, according to the complaints. As in all of Hawk Technology’s cases, which have primarily targeted retailers, universities, municipalities, restaurants, and banks, the NPE’s latest suits focus on the defendants’ onsite security systems.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics