First-Class Monitoring Settles CalAmp Case, Promptly Sues Citigroup
- February 24, 2017
First-Class Monitoring, LLC has targeted the texting features associated with a second bank’s mobile services. Earlier this month, after seeking a stay to facilitate settlement in the case against CalAmp, the first defendant in the campaign, First-Class Monitoring filed suit against Bank of America (2:17-cv-00111), asserting the same patent (6,014,089) now also at issue in the new case against Citigroup (6:17-cv-00110). The ‘089 patent generally relates to the digital transmission of information using the short message service (SMS) portion of a personal communications system network.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics