Content Distribution Patents Asserted Again in Litigation, This Time by Monument Subsidiary
- April 13, 2017
Pure Data Systems, LLC, a subsidiary of Monument Patent Holdings, LLC, has launched a new campaign over two patents (5,999,947; 6,321,236) generally related to the distribution of database differences and previously asserted in litigation. Pure Data’s complaints accuse CBS (CBS Interactive, CNET) (6:17-cv-000210), Time Warner (CNN Interactive) (6:17-cv-000209), Twenty-First Century Fox (Fox Broadcasting, Fox News, Fox Sports) (6:17-cv-000211), and USA Today (6:17-cv-000208) of infringement through the process by which content delivered to their websites and mobile apps is replicated across multiple servers. Xanthus Data Technologies, LLC, an affiliate of Daniel F. Perez, asserted both patents against Citrix and LinkedIn in a short-lived 2015 litigation campaign.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics