Max Blu Files New Wave in Disc Storage Campaign, Suing HP, Panasonic, and Vinpower
- April 22, 2017
After settlement ended its last open suit, Max Blu Technologies, LLC has continued its sole litigation campaign by suing HP (2:17-cv-00341), Panasonic (2:17-cv-00342), and Vinpower (2:17-cv-00344). Blu-Ray recordable and re-writable discs are at issue in the cases, which follow November 2016 dismissals of Liberty Interactive (Anchor Bay Entertainment, Starz Media), CBS Films, and Netflix and a January 2017 dismissal with prejudice of Redbox Automated Retail in a campaign that began in July 2015 and has now hit over 15 defendants. Eight patents (6,728,196; 6,890,704; 7,352,685; 7,600,992; 7,801,016; 7,952,986; 8,363,534; 8,593,931) generally related to disc copying are asserted in each of the new complaints.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics