Latest IP Edge Affiliate Draws Blood with New Computer Telephony Campaign
- July 5, 2017
Spycurity LLC, an apparent affiliate of Texas patent monetization firm IP Edge LLC, has launched a new litigation campaign, filing separate Delaware suits against Audiocodes (1:17-cv-00883), Digium (1:17-cv-00884), Fortinet (1:17-cv-00885), Sangoma (1:17-cv-00886), and Sonus Networks (1:17-cv-00887). Each complaint asserts a single patent (5,809,118), generally related to initiating a computer program based on receipt of a telephone call. The NPE accuses the defendants of infringement through the manufacture and sale of gateway devices that facilitate connection between more traditional telephone formats and VoIP computer systems, more specifically, Audiocodes’s Mediant 3000 E-SBC and Media Gateway, Digium’s G200 Dual T1 E1 PRI Gateway, the Fortivoice 100D8 Gateway, Sangoma’s Netborder SS7 VoIP Gateway, and Sonus Networks’s Quintum AXT4800 VoIP Gateway.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics