Samsung Sued over LED Display Adjustment Patent
- October 27, 2017
Polaris PowerLED Technologies, LLC has filed suit against Samsung (2:17-cv-00715), asserting a single patent, generally related to adjusting a display based on the ambient light in different environments, developed at Microsemi. The NPE pleads ownership of the patent-in-suit, although currently available USPTO records suggest that it is held by “LED Display Technologies, LLC”, a purported Delaware entity. The accused products are Galaxy smartphones and tablets, as well as “other consumer electronics display products”; the plaintiff’s website claims that its “technologies and solutions” are “widely used” within such devices, including notebook computers, televisions, automotive displays, and “LED and LCD lighting applications”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics