Color Adjustment Campaign Snags NEC
- December 16, 2017
NEC (6:17-cv-00687) is the latest defendant to be added to the sole litigation campaign of Lone Star Technological Innovations, LLC. The NPE asserts the same two patents, generally related to changing the hue and/or saturation of an individual color in an output digital video image, that have been at issue since the campaign began in 2015. The prior cases, against Acer, Dell, and Sharp, have each been dismissed, Dell’s without prejudice and within a couple of months. The cases against Acer and Sharp were dismissed with prejudice in late March in light of settlements after a November 10, 2016 claim construction hearing, while a June case filed against LG Electronics was voluntarily dismissed in late November. The defendants’ projectors, monitors, and displays have been at issue in the campaign, with Lone Star’s latest complaint targeting NEC’s “televisions, projectors, monitors, commercial displays, medical displays and/or other video displays”.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics