Northern District of California Invalidates CellSpin Patents Under Alice
- April 8, 2018
Category: Patent Litigation FeatureMarket Sector: Mobile Communications and Devices
A California court has invalidated the four patents asserted by inventor-controlled NPE CellSpin Soft, Inc. under Alice. Ruling on validity challenges brought by a variety of connected device and wearable manufacturers, including Canon, Fitbit, GoPro, and Panasonic, District Judge Yvonne Gonzalez Rogers held on April 3 that the patents at issue are invalid as directed to the abstract idea of “acquiring, transferring, and publishing data and multimedia content on one or more websites” while lacking a sufficient inventive concept.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!