Multiple Patents Naming Finjan Founder as Inventor Asserted Against Trend Micro in New Campaign
- May 15, 2018
Three months after creating wholly owned subsidiary CUPP CyberSecurity LLC, Norwegian entity CUPP Computing AS has filed suit, together with the new Delaware LLC, against Trend Micro (3:18-cv-01251) in the Northern District of Texas. The plaintiffs assert (apparently as patent owner and exclusive licensee) eight patents from CUPP Computing’s portfolio of 24 issued US patents, generally related to security mechanisms for mobile networks and devices. Trend Micro is accused of infringement through the provision of various hardware and software cybersecurity products, including its User Protection, Network Defense, Hybrid Cloud Security, Worry-Free, Home Products, and Trend Micro Portable Security, as well as other products incorporating Trend Micro’s underlying technologies.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics