Fitness Tracker Campaign Snags Omron, Recent PTAB Trial Institutions Notwithstanding
Inventor-backed LoganTree LP has filed suit against Omron (Omron Healthcare) (1:18-cv-01617) in the District of Delaware over the provision of wearable fitness trackers. The NPE asserts the same patent—generally related to a device worn by an individual that measures, analyzes, and records data about the individual’s body movements using an accelerometer, programmable microprocessor, internal clock, and memory—at issue in the other active case in the campaign, a District of Kansas suit still in early stages against Garmin. The first defendant, Fitbit, settled in November 2016, leading to a dismissal from the Northern District of California in early 2017.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics