Following a “Blockbuster” Third Quarter Last Year, Quarterhill’s Patent Licensing Revenue Plummets in Q3 2018
- November 10, 2018
Category: Patent Market, Patent Watch
Quarterhill Inc. released its third quarter earnings on November 8, reporting $19.6M in revenue—with just $4.4M contributed by Wi-LAN Inc. (WiLAN), the company’s patent licensing business. In a call with investors, CFO Sean McEwan acknowledged the “quarterly variability” in WiLAN’s numbers, pointing to its “blockbuster” third quarter last year, during which it brought in $72.6M in revenue, and also touting WiLAN’s $145.1M trial win against Apple in August.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!