BCS Software Joins the List of Entities to Acquire and Litigate Patents Once Held by IV, Suing LG Electronics and Samsung
Last September, RPX noted the assignment of nearly two dozen US patent assets from an affiliate of Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) to BCS Software LLC (d/b/a Bluebonnet Consulting Services & Software) (BCS). That entity has now filed its first litigation, suing LG Electronics (LGE) (6:19-cv-00239) and Samsung (6:19-cv-00235) over one of the patents received. That patent generally relates to a system for using a server to monitor certain client applications and distributed components associated with those applications over a network. LGE is accused of infringement through the provision of its Smart ThinQ Hub and supporting software, part of its Smart ThinQ smart home control platform; Samsung, of SyncThru, a printer fleet management system.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics