Nine Retailers Sued by New NPE over NFC Use
New NPE Antennatech filed nine suits against retailers American Eagle, CVS, Doctor’s Associates, Foot Locker, Geoffery, Guess, Macy’s, Sports Authority, and Walgreens. Each suit asserts a single patent (8,112,131) related to facilitating communication between a mobile communication device with a radiative antenna and a ground position indicator. Defendants are accused of making, using or selling products that facilitate near-field communication (NFC). Antennatech acquired the patent-in-suit together with 16 additional issued US patents from Chester Holdings in March 2014. Patents in the Chester portfolio were offered for sale at the Fall 2011 ICAP OT auction and again through a broker in late 2012. (Chester – OMA). 4/18, District of Delaware, 1:14cv00497, 1:14cv00498, 1:14cv00499, 1:14cv00500, 1:14cv00501, 1:14cv00502, 1:14cv00503, 1:14cv00504, 1:14cv00505
- Antennatech LLC v. American Eagle Outfitters Inc.
- Antennatech LLC v. CVS Caremark Corporation
- Antennatech LLC v. Foot Locker Inc.
- Antennatech LLC v. Guess? Retail Inc.
- Antennatech LLC v. Macy's Inc.
- Antennatech LLC v.Sports Authority Inc.
- Antennatech LLC v. Doctor's Associates Inc.
- Antennatech LLC v. Geoffery LLC
- Antennatech LLC v. Walgreen Co.