After Berkheimer and Aatrix Block Another Early Alice Challenge, NPE Expands Conferencing Campaign
Visible Connections, LLC has filed a second case in the campaign that it began last October. The new defendant is Zoom Video Communications (1:19-cv-03148), which is targeted with the same two patents—one generally related to teleconferencing via a data connection; the other, to real-time application sharing—over the provision of its Zoom Meetings, which features audio and video conferencing. This second case in the campaign follows a decision by District Judge Robert Pitman in the Western District of Texas that cites Berkheimer and Aatrix in rejecting a Rule 12 motion challenging the same two patents under Alice.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics