Monterey Research Adds Fourth Delaware Defendant in Campaign over Patents Acquired from Cypress Semiconductor
STMicro (1:20-cv-00089) has become the fourth defendant in the first litigation campaign of Monterey Research, LLC, a subsidiary of IP advisory firm IPValue Management (d/b/a IPValue). Across the campaign, the plaintiff asserts subsets of patents, generally related to semiconductors (including chip architecture, memory devices, and fabrication), acquired from Cypress Semiconductor. The new case was filed in Delaware, where the earlier three suits—filed separately against AMD, Nanya, and Qualcomm last November—sit in different postures in the earliest stages, all before District Judge Colm F. Connolly.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics