Six Nonparties Identified as Retaining an Interest in the Outcome of Pixmarx IP’s New Suit Against Snap
Pixmarx IP LLC, an entity associated with Texas monetization firm Endpoint IP LLC, has filed its first lawsuit, hitting Snap (3:20-cv-01157) over the lens feature on its platform for pasting stickers on or applying filters to photos. The plaintiff asserts four patents, generally related to embedding digital content during the capture of a photograph with a “wireless communication device”, with original development work conducted by named inventors Barry C. Crutchfield and Gary M. Lipps at Pixmarx the Spot, which has offered an app for placing stickers on smartphone photographs.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics