Another New Campaign by Endpoint IP, This One Taking Aim at Cybersecurity Software
Eighth Street Solutions LLC, an entity associated with Texas monetization firm Endpoint IP LLC, has filed its first suits, targeting Sophos (6:20-cv-00393) and Trend Micro (6:20-cv-00943) over cybersecurity software platforms that protect against “electronic threats such as viruses, ransomware, [and] malware”. The plaintiff asserts three patents generally related to controlling attempts to write data on a “storage medium” of a computer. Eighth Street’s is the fourth litigation campaign launched in 2020 by Endpoint IP, with other activity suggesting that more litigation controlled by the firm may be coming.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics