Packet Filtering Patents Asserted in New Networking Campaign
- September 29, 2020
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Networking
802 Systems Inc. has filed suit against Cisco (2:20-cv-00315) in the Eastern District of Texas, aiming three packet filtering patents at the defendant’s Nexus-series networking switches. At issue is the In-Service Software Upgrade (ISSU) feature for updating the packet filtering system in those products. The case is the first filed by 802 Systems, although associated entities have litigated patents, including, most recently, in a March 2020 set of suits against MediaTek, Microchip, NXP, and Siemens.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!