Far North Launches New Campaign with Former 3Com Patents Received from IV
Texas-based NPE Far North Patents, LLC has launched its second litigation campaign, suing CenturyLink (4:20-cv-00821), Consolidated Communications (4:20-cv-00822), Dasan Networks (Dasan Zhone Solutions) (4:20-cv-00823), Frontier Communications (4:20-cv-00824), Technicolor (4:20-cv-00826), Unizyx (ZyXEL) (4:20-cv-00829), and Windstream (4:20-cv-00828), all in the Eastern District of Texas. Two patents, received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV) in December 2018 and generally related to “transporting Ethernet frames” over Very High-Speed Digital Subscriber Lines (VDSL), are asserted in each complaint. The defendants are accused of infringement through the provision of networking hardware and services that feature VDSL2 capabilities. The new suits follow Far North’s motion to dismiss the last remaining active case in its first litigation campaign, launched in December 2019.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics