Far North Revives One of Its Litigation Campaigns over Former IV Patents
Texas-based NPE Far North Patents, LLC has revived its first litigation campaign, begun in December 2019, with a suit against Avaya (1:21-cv-00688) in the Middle District of North Carolina. The NPE asserts five patents—each received from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV)—broadly directed to various aspects of Internet-based telecommunications. Avaya is targeted over “advanced quality monitoring capabilities” in its Avaya Diagnostic Server with SLA Monitor and “advanced presence information capabilities” in its Avaya One-X Communicator and Avaya Aura Presence Services platforms. The case against the most recent defendant, NXP, which saw five different patents asserted, ended in a November 2020 dismissal with prejudice (in light of settlement).
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics