Transposition of Digits in Patent Number Leads to “Second” Litigation Campaign for IP Edge Plaintiff
IP Edge LLC plaintiff Decatur Licensing LLC has resumed litigation targeting the provision of various devices with 5G support, after what appears to have been a false start earlier this year. The NPE has sued Cisco (Linksys) (1:21-cv-00745), Digi International (1:21-cv-00743), HTC (2:21-cv-00712), Oceus Networks (1:21-cv-00744), and Sony (1:21-cv-04691) over a single former Huawei patent generally related to “obtaining radio access network information”. That patent’s final three digits are 476; in January 2021, Decatur Licensing filed separate suits against ASUSTek, Lenovo (Motorola Mobility), LG Electronics (LGE), and Samsung over a Kyocera patent ending in 467—suits that were all dismissed without prejudice in early March.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics