Iron Oak Owners Assert Regained Patents Against Laptops and Tablets
- December 2, 2016
Inventor-controlled Iron Oak Technologies LLC has kicked off its first litigation campaign, targeting computing devices (laptops and tablets) of Acer (3:16-cv-03321), ASUS (3:16-cv-03322), Fujitsu (3:16-cv-03319), and Toshiba (3:16-cv-03320). In its new complaints, the plaintiff characterizes itself as a “technology development company” wholly owned by William (Bill) C. Kennedy III and Kenneth R. Westerlage, both of whom are named inventors on many of the patents owned by Iron Oak and both of whom are apparent executives with On-Board Communications, a Dallas company offering tracking devices and fleet management solutions. Two patents (5,966,658; 5,699,275) are asserted against all four defendants, while three additional patents (6,148,202; 6,240,295; 6,295,449) are asserted against Fujitsu only.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics