Blue Spike Pivots Back to Mobile Devices and TVs with Latest Filings
Blue Spike LLC has added new cases against LeEco (LeMall) (6:17-cv-00063), Toshiba (6:17-cv-00053), and Vizio (6:17-cv-00060) to its long-running digital watermarking campaign. After accusing Juniper Networks (6:17-cv-00016) of infringement through various enterprise networking products in a January 6 complaint, the NPE’s latest filings shift the focus of the campaign back to consumer electronics. The three defendants are alleged to infringe multiple combinations of 27 different patents through the provision of smart TVs, with Toshiba laptops and smartphones sold by LeMall also at issue. Blue Spike’s complaint against Toshiba, filed on January 26, was soon followed by a victory for the company in another campaign, when a Delaware jury issued a finding of non-infringement in a case brought by Intellectual Ventures LLC. See here for more information about that verdict and the preceding litigation.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics