Another Round Filed in Campaign over Mobile Devices Turned Remote Controls
- May 1, 2017
Sookbox Development LLC has filed a second round of lawsuits in the campaign that it began a couple of months ago, hitting APX Group Holdings (Vivint) (6:17-cv-00244), Loxone (6:17-cv-00245), Muzzley (6:17-cv-00248), Roomie Remote (6:17-cv-00249), Thington (6:17-cv-00246), and Yonomi (6:17-cv-00247). As in its earlier complaints, the new filings assert a single patent (9,503,486), generally related to configuring multiple mobile devices to interoperate with a network, against the defendants, accusing them of infringement through the provision of software applications that turn various mobile devices (in particular, Apple iPhones and Google Android devices) into mobile controllers for a smart home system.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics