Sookbox Development Asserts Second Patent in First Litigation in over a Year
- July 6, 2018
Sookbox Development LLC has taken aim at Kodi, filing separate suits against Fry’s Electronics (6:18-cv-00331) and Wal-Mart (6:18-cv-00330) over products sold with the open source media player software pre-installed. The complaints assert a single patent generally related to controlling the delivery of media content via multiple “participant control devices”, respectively naming the Sungale Cloud TV box allegedly sold by Fry’s and an Android TV Box allegedly sold under the QFX brand by Wal-Mart. These new cases are the first filed by Sookbox Development in this campaign in over a year.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics