Flash3D Adjusts Its Infringement Theory in New Case Against Facebook
Flash3D LLC, an affiliate of monetization firm IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal), has added a case against Facebook (1:17-cv-01257) to the campaign that it began this past June. In the first complaint, Flash3D accused Samsung of infringing two patents, generally related to the contemporaneous presentation of multiple webpages, through the manufacture and sale of the company’s virtual reality headsets, Samsung Gear VR. In the new case, however, Flash3D asserts the same two patents, plus a related third, targeting the presentation on www.facebook.com of multiple sections or “panels”—for example, presenting the main section, often featuring the user’s news feed, together with the “ticker” on the pagelet sidebar, typically displaying brief updates on the Facebook activity of the user’s friends.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics