Finjan and Symantec Sign Deal for Up to $110M
- March 1, 2018
Finjan Holdings, Inc. announced on March 1 that it had entered into an agreement with Symantec and its Blue Coat Systems subsidiary that resolves all pending claims between the parties. According to an 8-K filed by Finjan, Symantec will pay $65M for a patent license, paying additional license fees of up to $45M upon Symantec’s acquisition of certain entities within four years from the agreement’s effective date. This deal follows a year in which Finjan disclosed having signed five multi-million dollar settlements in its anti-malware campaign. It also comes on the heels of the Federal Circuit’s trimming of a $39.5M Finjan trial verdict against Blue Coat.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics