IP Edge Smart Home Campaign Expands in Both Delaware and Texas
The smart home campaign of IP Edge LLC, filed through affiliate Karamelion LLC, saw four more defendants added this past week: Ingersoll-Rand (2:18-cv-00442), Leviton Manufacturing (1:18-cv-01670), Napco Security (1:18-cv-01671), and United Technologies (1:18-cv-01672). The new cases join existing suits filed in August across multiple districts against ADT, AT&T (AT&T Digital Life), Frontpoint Security Solutions, Protect America, and Reliant Energy. Asserted across the campaign is a family of two patents generally related to controlling a “distributed appliance system”, with the defendants accused of infringement through the provision of a variety of connected appliances. The complaints particularly identify devices using the Z-Wave wireless communications protocol, at least one calling out control by the Samsung SmartThings Hub, although Samsung is not named as a party.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
- Karamelion LLC v. ADT LLC
- Karamelion LLC v. AT&T Digital Life, Inc.
- Karamelion LLC v. Reliant Energy Retail Services, LLC
- Karamelion LLC v. Protect America, Inc.
- Karamelion LLC v. Frontpoint Security Solutions, LLC
- Karamelion LLC v. Leviton Manufacturing Co., Inc.
- Karamelion LLC v. United Technologies Corporation
- Karamelion LLC v. Napco Security Technologies, Inc.
- Karamelion LLC v. Ingersoll-Rand Company
- Karamelion LLC v. Eaton Corporation