New Mobile Check Deposit Campaign Hits Bank of America
In a new Eastern District of Texas case, Bank of America (2:19-cv-00250) has been accused of infringing two patents generally related to using “ubiquitous imaging devices” to capture and transmit check images to a bank. The plaintiff is Lighthouse Consulting Group LLC, which targets Bank of America over the provision of a remote deposit feature within its “Mobile Checking Application”, perhaps a reference to the defendant’s mobile banking app. Lighthouse Consulting Group alleges that the defendant has been aware of the patents-in-suit since it entered into a non-disclosure agreement with the plaintiff in 2007.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics