IP Edge Opposes Alice Motions with Amended Complaints Attaching an Inventor Declaration
Undeterred by multiple Alice motions, some scheduled to be heard during the second week of January 2020, Pebble Tide LLC continues to sue new defendants, most recently Allstate (1:19-cv-08387) in the Northern District of Illinois and GEICO (1:19-cv-01236) and Progressive (1:19-cv-01237) in the Northern District of Illinois. The IP Edge LLC plaintiff’s campaign concerns two patents that are generally related to capturing digital content and wirelessly distributing it, with infringement allegations broadly targeting products that take and send still photos or videos. Here, the insurance companies have been tagged for the features within their platforms that allow transmission of pictures for car damage estimates: Allstate Insurance Quick Foto Claim, GEICO Car insurance, and Progressive Photo Estimate, respectively.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics