Blackbird Technologies Kicks Off First Litigation Campaign of 2020
- February 10, 2021
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sector: Consumer Electronics and PCs
Blackbird Tech LLC (d/b/a Blackbird Technologies) has sued HP (1:21-cv-00132) over the provision of laptops that contain either a webcam “kill switch” or a camera shutter button that disables the user’s camera. The NPE asserts three patents generally related to a security system for a personal device comprised of an isolated switch and controller that can connect and disconnect a “peripheral device” from the personal device. Blackbird Technologies pleads ownership of the patents, while currently available USPTO records do not reflect the assignment of rights away from their named inventors.
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!