IP Edge Expands Automotive Campaign over Patents Acquired from Empire Technology
In late August, IP Edge LLC plaintiff Typhoon IP LLC fired off a third round in its sole litigation campaign, suing JVCKenwood (3:21-cv-01993) in the Northern District of Texas, followed by Alpine Electronics (2:21-cv-04286) and Clarion (2:21-cv-04285) in the Southern District of Ohio just one week later. The three patents-in-suit, with only two at issue against JVCKenwood, are broadly directed to vehicle navigation technology. The defendants are accused of infringement through the provision of automobile infotainment systems, with certain GPS navigation features at issue.
This content requires a subscription to view
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics