Intexact Targets Samsung’s SmartThings in New SDNY Suit
- September 10, 2021
Category: New Patent LitigationMarket Sectors: Consumer Electronics and PCs, Mobile Communications and Devices, Networking
The security system campaign of inventor-controlled Intexact Technologies Limited, begun in July 2019, has hit Samsung (1:21-cv-07522), in a new Southern District of New York complaint. At issue throughout has been a single patent generally related to a system for monitoring and controlling various electronic appliances, with infringement allegations targeting home security systems, the -7522 case focusing on interactions between a user’s smartphone and Samsung’s SmartThings smart home system, as well as related home security products (e.g., motion sensors).
View full article with free 14-day trial
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics
...and much more!