DSS Moves LED Campaign to Central District of California
- June 8, 2017
RPX continues to observe NPEs dropping suits in one venue, only to refile them in another, on the heels of the Supreme Court’s TC Heartland decision. Publicly traded NPE Document Security Systems, Inc. (DSS) did just that on June 7-8, voluntarily dismissing its April 2017 cases filed against Cree, Everlight, and Seoul Semiconductor in the Eastern District of Texas, and re-filing against the companies in the Central District of California. DSS’s new complaints assert various combinations of a group of five patents originating with either Agilent or Avago (now Broadcom, after their merger), and allege infringement through various products containing LEDs.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics