Payment Campaign Pulls In Third Defendant
Apparent IP Edge LLC affiliate Vaultet LLC has added a third case to the litigation campaign begun earlier this month against Avis Budget Group and Disney. The same patent (7,814,009), generally related to retail systems permitting anonymous purchases, is asserted against new defendant American Eagle Outfitters (6:17-cv-00378), with infringement allegations once again focused on payment options on the company’s website, both gift cards and PayPal. All three cases have been filed in the Eastern District of Texas; Vaultet points to multiple American Eagle retail stores, as well as the availability of the American Eagle website, throughout the district to establish venue.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and parties
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics