Empire IP’s DietGoal Targets Restaurant Chains
DietGoal Innovations, an affiliate of Empire IP, filed 14 separate suits against Steak ‘N Shake, Corner Bakery Cafe, Chipotle Mexican Grill, Jason’s Deli, Einstein Noah, Freshii, Genghis Grill, 54th Street Grill & Bar, Marco’s, Pita Pit, Potbelly Sandwich Works, Taco John’s, Tropical Smoothie Café, and Ufood alleging that defendants’ offering of recipes or meal planning online infringe a patent related to a computerized meal planning system. DietGoal has filed over 25 prior suits since September 2011 over the same patent. The patent-in-suit was assigned by an individual inventor to DietGoal in February 2012. Other Empire IP patent assertion entities include CreateAds, E-Contact Technologies, LBS Innovations, Potter Voice Technologies, Rotatable Technologies, and SmartFit Solutions. 12/7, Eastern District of Texas, assigned to Judge Michael H. Schneider and referred to Magistrate Judge Caroline Craven, 2:2012cv00761; no judge yet assigned, 2:2012cv00764; 2:2012cv00766; 2:2012cv00768; 2:2012cv00770; 2:2012cv00771; 2:2012cv00772; 2:2012cv00773; 2:2012cv00774; 2:2012cv00775; 2:2012cv00776; 2:2012cv00777; 2:2012cv00778; 2:2012cv00779.
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Kellan Restaurant Management Corp. d/b/a 54th Street Grill & Bar
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Chipotle Mexican Grill, Inc.
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Freshii
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. CBC Restaurant Corp. d/b/a Corner Bakery Cafe
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Einstein Noah Restaurant Group, Inc.
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Potbelly Sandwich Works, LLC
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Marco's Franchising, LLC
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Pita Pit USA, Inc.
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Ufood Restaurant Group, Inc.
- DietGoal Innovations LLC v. Taco John's International, Inc.