Third Original Complaint in CyWee Campaign Addresses Venue for Case Against a Foreign Corporation and Its US Subsidiaries
- May 31, 2017
CyWee Group Ltd., a British Virgin Islands entity affiliated with Industrial Technology Research Institute (ITRI), has added a third case to its sole litigation campaign, suing LG Electronics (LGE), together with two of its US subsidiaries in the Southern District of California (3:17-cv-01102). The new complaint asserts the same two patents (8,441,438; 8,552,978), which generally relate to measuring, calculating, and outputting the movement of a device so that those movements can be translated to a two-dimensional screen. The accused products throughout the campaign have been certain smartphones and tablets. Earlier this year, in February, CyWee asserted the ‘438 and ‘978 patents against Samsung in a case filed on the same day that an April 2014 case against Apple was dismissed.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics