More Patents Shake Loose from IV, Land in Litigation Against LG Electronics Smart TVs
- April 17, 2018
IP Valuation Partners LLC (d/b/a IPVal) has initiated a new litigation campaign, through affiliated plaintiff Contemporary Display LLC, filing suit against LG Electronics (LGE) (2:18-cv-00152) in the Eastern District of Texas. The complaint asserts three patents recently acquired from Intellectual Ventures LLC (IV), one of them generally related to an on-screen system for managing the inputs to a television and the other two generally related to a similar system for displaying television programming schedules. LGE is accused of infringement through the provision of smart TVs with webOS, including the LG 49UJ6300, LG 55UJ6200, and the LG 49LJ550M televisions.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics