North Plate Semiconductor Sees Michigan Suit Off, Ushers California Suit In
- July 21, 2017
North Plate Semiconductor, LLC has filed a second suit in the litigation campaign that it began this past April. The new complaint asserts eight patents (6,501,129; 6,620,653; 6,667,515; 6,617,641; 6,469,398; 7,492,031; 7,459,751; 7,700,998) against Alpha and Omega Semiconductor (3:17-cv-04149), targeting the company’s Alpha MOS MOSFET, MOSFET DFN, Trench Power MOSFET, and IGBT families of power semiconductor devices. The ‘653, ‘515, and ‘641 patents were also at issue in the NPE’s first case, against IXYS, together with three others (6,765,239; 6,717,210; 6,936,893). That case ended in a quick dismissal with prejudice on July 11. The patents generally relate to certain semiconductor structures.
- Over 7,000 news articles covering new patent cases, key policy decisions, and USPTO assignments
- Advanced custom alerts for campaigns and entities
- Proprietary litigation timelines
- Full access to Federal Circuit, PTAB, and ITC dockets
- Judge, venue, and law firm analytics